Thursday, May 13, 2010

Clearing out the Cobwebs...

Wow, it's pretty dusty in here!!

Sorry for my lack of posting, school has been crazy busy these last few weeks (honestly, the whole semester). I would say I'd never take that many classes at once again... but I'm sure I eventually will have to again!

I thought I'd share some of my pictures from Yosemite. I went on a class field trip there a couple of weeks ago... it was incredible. It was just beautiful beyond description. I did go last year, but by that time most of the waterfalls had stopped running... they really do make a difference!

Oh, and by the way, I just about cried with excitement when I found out Blogger updated the picture uploading.  True, you still can only upload basically one at a time (or at least input after they are all uploaded), but baby steps. Baby steps.

Still, I got a little photo happy, I can't help it, I just love our parks (and especially Yosemite) so much...


 
Also, we were in a documentary! Very exciting, though quite uncomfortable.  They wanted us to be very natural throughout it, and it's hard not to stop talking when a camera is clearly recording everything. 

Magical, at a certain time of day, the light hits this waterfall just right, and it climbs from the bottom, slowly up to the top.  I was so fortunate to see this!

Making dinner in the dark...
Hike up to Vernal Falls (which was closed at the last 300 ft... grrrr)

 
Cute Owlie at the museum

 
If anyone knows what these flowers are... I would love to know!

 
Galen Clark, first protector of Yosemite... he made this headstone and had six (five remaining) Sequoias planted around his grave... so now he is in the trees.  I thought that was very poetic.
Yosemite Falls
Native American grinding rock...
Waterfall along our hike around Hetch Hetchy

Below, the beautiful Hetch Hetchy...

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Hey Kiki, the pictures are so beautiful. I would love to go there sometime. BTW, the flower (one of my favs) is called a bleeding heart. :)

Kaileigh said...

Awesome, thank you!!! I thought they were so cool, I'll have to see if they will grow where I live, or if I can even find a place to buy them!

Sam said...

that looks like so much fun! and looove the owl, of course. How fun to say you were in a documentary! :)