Friday, August 20, 2010

So long, Summer (almost)

I know I haven't written a blog in quite awhile, I was actually planning on posting a pic of when I received the dress that I won, but it still isn't here... so that will have to wait.

Usually I find that I don't write because either nothing "exciting" has happened, or because of the fact that I've always somewhat attempted to keep negativity out of my blog.  I don't know why I do that to be honest, since this blog is supposed to serve as a type of outlet in many ways. Don't get me wrong, nothing tragic has happened, I just in general am not a person that does very well with change - and there seems to be a lot of it lately.  Moving, changing schools, husband changing work offices... and of course absolutely bleeding money because of moving (crazy deposits, boxes, and finding someone to help us move... or hiring someone, and then of course had to buy all my school books as well).

When I'm stressed out or overwhelmed I tend to either avoid whatever it is by burying my head in the sand... or more literally in a pillow or my couch (a great concern for Delilah, who frantically tries to uncover my face to kiss).  And whenever I eventually have to face it head-on, I feel overwhelmed and think of the worst-case scenario.  As much as I'd love to be different, I can't help who I am or magically transform into an optimist, or even someone who likes and desires change.

Anyways, that's what I've been up to, preparing for moving and school.  I've been trying to think positively since the largest obstacles really have already been cleared (Russ transferring, me transferring, and actually finding a place).  I just know that it/I won't feel okay again until it's all finished and I'm settled into the new school. 

Today I was driving and a couple of leaves fell from a tree, leaves that probably made a nice crunchy sound as I drove over them.  For a moment I thought of fall, my favorite time of year. Cooler weather, Apple Hill, and of course, cute cozy comfy cardigans... this thought reminded me that all of this too will pass.

And of course, to anyone actually out there, sorry for my whine-fest!!

3 comments:

Missie said...

I'm ready for fall. I can't believe I'm saying that with all the snow we had this past winter! LOL

Have a good weekend.

emma wallace said...

Aww, Kaileigh! I know how that is - wanting to keep my blog positive and so holding in my stresses! I hope things start to look up for you soon! I do think the exuberant weather from Fall (my favorite season too!) will do wonders for the spirit!

Easton wife said...

I'm here! I feel the same, its been awhile. i was wondering about the move I saw on your fb, how far? Hang in there dear. I know how expensive it can be, the worst part by far!! Cass