Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Dad Weekend...

Not only is today Father's Day, but my dad's birthday was also on Friday. It was his "Big One", he turned 50! We had a surprise party for him yesterday.

I didn't write about it beforehand because I was honestly worried that somehow he would stumble across this, even though I don't give my blog address out to family.

So, my dad knew that there was going to be a party at his house, but thought that it was going to be a quiet barbecue with some people from his girlfriend's family there.

My brother told my dad that his car wouldn't start, and when my dad walked out into the front yard heading to jump Kyle's car, there was a crowd of people also there to celebrate.

I honestly think he was very surprised, though I felt like he was being suspicious about things all day!

Here are some pictures from the party...


Walk up to the pool...


Dad with the cake(s)!!


Russ and I with my Grandpa and his wife, Bev (My mom's father)




Dad with some prunes, and some over-the-hill gag gifts. Not sure why the cane needed to be in that position, my dad may be 50, but has the humor of a teenage boy, LOL.
And here's something I thought about sharing before the party. I had to hold off though, as I mentioned before...
I made a little video of some pictures. It was actually quite a process, I even had them mailed in from family to put together this video.
I just thought I'd share some of my favorites...
My dad and his brother...

My dad and I...

My dad as a baby... I love that picture.



Hope you all had a great weekend and Father's Day!
OH! And I also wanted to mention that my friend Ariadna is blogging again. Head over to her blog if you'd like to read her recent dating stories... sure to be interesting, at times not PC, and very true. She has the strangest knack for attracting weirdness, I swear.
-K

7 comments:

The Sunshine State Witch said...

Awwwww I loved all these Pictures!!! Look at you with your dad as a little girl, that is sooooo cute!

It looks like you had a great weekend and Fathers Day with your dad and family! YAY!!

Ari is Blogging again....AWESOME! I will go follow now.

Anonymous said...

You are so cute with your dad! I think 50 is young, LOL (probably cause i am only 8 yrs from it!!)

Easton wife said...

:) looks great hun!

Bridgett said...

I'm cracking up at your dad and his 'cane positioning.' :D

It really does look like a great weekend, Kiki.

Your dad's property looks pretty amazing. And I just loved all the older pictures you included, especially the ones of you and your dad together. Very cute.

XOXO

elena-lu said...

wonderful!! looks like tons of fun for your dad!! and everyone! woot!
:)

Bernadette said...

Awww :) Your dad is looking great at 50! Looks like a great party, and your folks have a lovely home.

What a wonderful way to spend the weekend :)

Terri said...

Happy belated Birthday to your Dad!! I LOVE the pool with the waterfall and all it's beautiful!

Looks like a great day with family...glad everyone had a good time...

I love old photos..you were adorable...

Hugs
Terri