Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Greetings...

Hello, and welcome to Sunny Side Up!

So, this is my first official entry in a brand new blog… it has been awhile, and I’m not completely familiar with this site just yet, but I’m sure I’ll have this up and running, and blogging so much that you’ll all be sorry (insert evil chuckle here).

Well, to be honest, I’m not crazy about introductions, and I’m sure that the only readers I’ll have are people that I already know... but, I AM making this a public blog (for now, as long as all goes well) and I would love to meet new people, so I will do my whole “me, me, me” spiel now…

My name is Kaileigh, as I’m writing this I am currently 21 years old, but of course, that will change in less than a month. I am married to the LOML, Russell. We live in my home state of California in a not-so-small-anymore town near Sacramento. Right now, it is just Russ, myself and the other LOML, our sweet little Miniature Dachshund, Delilah (“Lilah”).


The past few years we have been basically all over the place. Russ was in the Air Force, and was sent to Iraq, and then to Korea, where I joined him for almost a year. After Korea, we moved to McGuire AFB, New Jersey. When Russ was done with his enlistment (plus an extra six months), he got out of the Air Force, and we made our way back to California (with a short and not so sweet stop in Texas). So after all this craziness you can imagine I was VERY happy to return to my home state and settle down (for now).

So here I am! At this blog you most likely won’t find much order or structure, and it may seem a little random. I hope to do a few things like book and movie reviews, and also just inspire myself to write in general! I love writing and would like to write something fictional, and thought that a blog would be a great place to get my creative juices flowing!

With all this being said, I would now like to say thank you to my good friend Brittany whom I met at McGuire AFB (pretty much the only good part about my entire stay in New Jersey!). She and I were both military wives and we really hit it off and had much more in common than just what our spouses occupation was. She is the author of the blog
Below the Pink Champagne Skies, a good friend of mine, and a very talented & beautiful young woman. Brittany is the one who has inspired me to start blogging again, and has even bestowed (on my first day back on here!) an award!

I will probably wait a little bit to hand out this award (I don’t know very many people on here just yet), but I wanted to mention it here and hopefully I will soon have some more blogs to read! So once again, thank you Brittany!



Once, again, Brittany can be found at Below the Pink Champagne Skies; or just look to my left at my Regular Reads! Thank you again Britt!


Well, I think that this will conclude my first “official” entry in Sunny Side Up, and hope to have many, many more. If there are any questions you may have, feel free to ask!

Thank you so much for stopping by, and I hope to see you often!


-K








8 comments:

Brandi said...

what a lovely first entry. : )

I am glad Brittany met you and gave way for the rest of us meeting you. You are truly an awesome and amazing woman.

Huugs
Brandi

Kaileigh said...

Thank you Brandi, and thank you for your comment!

Bridgett said...

So good to hear from you again, sweetie! It's been awhile!

Welcome to blogger!
XOXO

Kaileigh said...

Thanks Bridgett!! :)

♥ Jenn ♥ said...

Wow! Its great to see you again!

Glad you are blogging... and can't wait to hear how you are.

You know, we could be considered "neighbors"!

- said...

See i told you people would love to see you around here! hehehe!

How is Woo Wong? God i miss her...she was good times LMAO!

Kaileigh said...

Bwittney....how dare you call Miss Woo "good time"? See if I send you fwee dinna coop-on!

Kaileigh said...

Hello Jenn! Thank you for reading and for your comment!