Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving & Black Friday

Above: We each filled out three leaves, writing what we were thankful for...


I'm trying to get my posts up in a more timely manner... so here is a post and some pictures of our lovely Thanksgiving celebration!

Russ, Lilah and I went over to my mom's house which is about... oh, three minutes away from our house. LOL, yeah we're big travellers this year! We had gone over the night before, and I cooked & baked with my mom for awhile while Russ helped Rob (my step-dad) set up some stuff.

On Thanksgiving day, our neighbors (my Mom's neighbors, but also mine from when I was growing up) came over to join us. My cousin, Leah, came over also, I hadn't seen her in quite awhile. My little brother was also home from Chico, so he was there too. It was really nice to have everyone together and it really makes me look forward to Christmas, which I love so, SO much!

For our Thanksgiving dinner, we had TONS of side dishes, including homemade stuffing (made with sourdough bread, artichokes, and rosemary... A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!), brandied cranberries, mashed potatoes, and a barbecued turkey. I have to admit, I'm not generally a turkey fan, but this one was delicious!

My step-dad, checking on the turkey...
Miss Lilah, simultaneously sun-bathing & hoping for some food to drop!

We are all big cheese fans! Here is our amazing spread with some awesome cheese!


My mom, Kyle & Russ...


My mom & her husband...




Me with our wonderful neighbors, Alysia & her mom Lisa!

Kyle, myself, and my cousin Leah...

Kyle & I with Mom...

Russ playing Guitar Hero...

And showing Lisa how to play...


My mom presenting her Thanksgiving table (we had so many people, we had to add on a table!)

Kyle, after dinner, sleeping on the couch...


After dinner we just lazed about in our turkey-induced comas, and then busted out the SingStar and PlayStation & did some Karaoke for awhile!

And just wanted to share one of my favorite pics that I took right before I uploaded these... my two loves snuggling on the couch!



I really love that pic, and was wondering if anyone knows of any photo editing software that can fix "pet eye"? Typical red eye editors just don't work on Miss Lilah's glowing orbs!! LOL


Well, I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, I know we all did!


Earlier today Russ and I met with my boss to go see Twilight. She and I had both read all of the books (I lent her one, and she read through it in a couple of hours! LOL). I have to say I was quite happy with the movie & think that they did a great job with it. I thought that they added some humor (and some more "grown-up" elements) that the book didn't have, and it was definitely a welcome and needed addition to the story.

I did actually run into the mall for a little bit today, (much to Russ' chagrin) as it was completely PACKED. I don't usually mind crowds, but it did seem like a bit much today. Our mall recently expanded (adding some store such as H&M, Tiffany & Co, Louis Vuitton, Love Culture & TONS of others), so things were even crazier than the usual "Black Friday" shopping experience.

We left after a bit, after bumping into my step-sister, Kristina, and my dad's girlfriend's son (whew! yeah, I usually just call him my step-brother) Josh. We did buy a shirt for Russ from Aeropostale and a few headbands for me (I am obsessed with headbands).

So much for getting any Christmas shopping done...

Well, we are about to head out to dinner, Russ and I have pretty much just been "grazing" on snacks all day and are ready for something good to eat!


Have a wonderful weekend!


-K

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Wow, looks like you had a great time. Your MOM looks great! She looks so young and very attractive!

Not a cheese fan here but it does look good =)

XOXO

Kaileigh said...

Thanks for commenting hun! Yeah it was probably one of the best Thanksgivings we've had in a long time... the first with family in about... 3 or 4 years I think.

Bridgett said...

Hey, your family Thanksgiving looks every bit as inviting and wonderful as mine was, country or not. :)

Everything looked great. And I love the leaf idea.

BTW, the picture of Russ and the pooch is adorable. I agree. :)

XOXO