Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Question...



So my mom called me last night, and told me that as an early birthday/Christmas present, she and my dad want to buy me a professional camera!!

As many of you may know, I really love taking pictures, but all I have is my little Canon point and shoot, which worked wonderful (aside from currently being broken) for what it is, but I just feel like I'm ready to take it to the next level.

When we were up near the Oregon border camping in the redwoods, my mom said that she thinks I really have an eye for taking pictures, and that she'd like to see me do more with it as a hobby.

I've also been wanting to take a class at the college, but it requires a camera beforehand, so that's why it's an early present (as class starts in two weeks) :)

So here's my question...

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good professional camera. I am almost positive that I will be getting the Canon Rebel... which a friend of mine has praised highly... but I don't know all the specifics. I am going to shoot her an e-mail and ask, but wanted to see if I could get any other opinions from anyone, since I will have this baby for a long long time!!

Thanks for any help you can provide for my techno-phobe self!!!

-K

4 comments:

Bernadette said...

Well, I'm a Nikon girl...but one of my girlfriends is all about the Canon's. She has a Rebel and she loves it. I'm pretty sure it's a Rebel XSI ..or maybe it's the older XTI. ..but anyway! She took digital courses and loved it. She's going on vacation with us so I'll definitely ask her what she'd recommend.

Going from a point and shoot to a DSLR was AWESOME! I love everything I can do and that I can make manual adjustments. It takes a little practice but it's so much fun..you're going to love it!

Easton wife said...

Price limit? If so what ... hehe i'll let ya know We have a Cannon 50D

Chantelle said...

We have the Canon Rebel too. I think it's an EOS40D or something like that?! I have no clue. It's a really nice camera..

We got kind of screwed because before we even made the first payment on it, we were at Disney. My mother in law set the camera bag down and walked off and forgot it. Someone stole it, thinking that the camera was in there. Thank God it wasn't- but the instruction manual was. So we are having to look up any feature that we want to use. bah.

What a nice mommy you have! :)

Bridgett said...

Like Bernie...I'm a Nikon girl and plan on getting a Nikon D60 or D90 when I finally buy my camera.

From the research I've done, it just seems like the appropriate camera for me.

I know Britt loves her Canon though.

I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

What a gift! :)