Monday, November 9, 2009

On Saturday morning, Russ received a phone call from his dad, letting us know that Russ' grandmother passed away the night before...

I was so very sad to hear this... I only had the opportunity to meet Russ' grandmother once (she lived in New York). I really enjoyed the time that we spent there, his entire family was welcoming, and his grandma was just as sweet as could be.

She was also Russ' only living grandmother, so my heart just aches for Russ. I know how hard it is to lose grandparents (both of my father's parents also passed away from cancer). I know the feelings of regret and sadness over not spending more time, or making more phone calls to our loved one that eventually passes.

So everyone, give someone you love an extra hug today, or give them a call to remind them how much you love them. No doubt, they most likely already know (as I'm sure Russ' Grandma certainly did), but who on earth doesn't love being told "I love you"?

2 comments:

Bridgett said...

I'm so sorry for your family's loss, Kiki.

:(

Brandi said...

Big hugs. : ( It's always so sad when there is a death in the family. I didn't talk about it last month but my own Father's mother passed on. We are not close with my father's family but to know a piece has been snipped away is heartbreaking..

I'm thinking about you guys.