Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things...

I haven't really had anything lately to blog about... since life has been mostly work and then just trying to "recup" from the day itself... I haven't had much to write. I know it seems like I'm neglecting my blog... and...I probably am, but outside of work life has been uneventful... I'm still even reading the same book, for goodness sake!! (Given, it is a massive one).
So I thought I'd steal an idea from my friend Brittany... and tell you about some of my favorite things!

She explained that she got this idea from Glamour magazine, which I also enjoy reading. I enjoy the favorite things section as well, especially when it is stuff that I can obtain and actually afford! Because seriously... I can't afford the "La Mer" cream that every celebrity I've heard of raves about... I like the stuff that I can find at the mall or drug store.
I thought this would be fun because I am a serious product junkie!!



Peppermint Tea... okay, so this isn't really a "product" but right now I'm loving Peet's Purely Peppermint Tea, it just makes me feel so good & refreshed! Since I don't drink coffee, I usually have some of this in the mornings to wake me up!

Shue Uemura Eyelash Curler - My favorite eyelash curler EVER. I just received a new one this Christmas as a stocking stuffer. My mom usually gets me one every year, it's a tradition :)


St. Ives Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Wash. I love St.Ives products because I think they give you amazing bang for your buck. I honestly prefer this body was over Bath and Body Works, The Body Shop, and Victoria's Secret. It has a great warm smell and is so hydrating!

Before I discovered Urban Decay's Eyshadow Primer Potion I was using a similar product by Clinique. After trying this just once, I instantly switched! Basically, this product goes on before eyeshadow and keeps it put all day. And I mean ALL DAY. It also prevents creasing, which I tend to get a lot if I don't use it.

Elnett Satin Touch Hairspray - Well, to be honest, I'm not crazy about hairsprays. To me, they are just like mousse, a generally necessary evil for me. I have to say though, this one (just now available in the U.S, which apparently was a big deal, I dunno...) goes on very light and still leaves hair touchable. This also has a very fine mist that goes on evenly. Plus, it's at drugstore price, how can you go wrong?


Maybelline Define-A-Lash Waterproof Mascara - I really like this mascara right now, it is great for definition and can be layered without much clumping, which is a big thing to me because I hate clumping lashes. I always use waterproof because I think it holds curl better and stays put better. Yes, it's harder to remove, but so worth it in my opinion. I also like to stock up on this mascara because Maybelline frequently does a 2 for 1 pack at stores like Walmart or Longs around here. I will usually grab quite a few at one time and be set for awhile!

Curls Rock Curl Amplifier by Tigi - I really like this product that I've been using for about five years now. It smells nice, is a cream for curls, which makes soft springy curls rather than crunchy like my detested mousse does. Which by the way, if someone knows of a good mousse (if there is such thing) will you please let me know your suggestions?
Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion - One of my FAVORITE products ever. I have combination skin (dry in some places, tends to be oily in others), and it's hard to find a moisturizer that doesn't over-moisturize some places while not being enough in others. This lotion is absolutely perfect, and keeps my skin soft and glowy, even in winter.

Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm - I love this product mostly for it's light flavor. Not that I eat it, but you know how you taste a little bit of a lip product as you breathe it in? This is like the comfort food of lip balms to me, if that makes any sense. I put this on every night before I go to bed.

Last but certainly not least, St. Ives Apricot Scrub - Another St. Ives product that I love! I think this can definitely compare to comparable products that I have used (like the Clinique exfoliating scrub) at a fraction of the cost. This makes my skin glowy and smooth, and gets all the dry winter skin (where I live isn't very cold, but it is quite dry), sloughed off. I use this every other day.


I hope you enjoyed some of my favorite things! I would love to see some of yours!


And by the way, I finally wrapped up the massive Wally Lamb book, and will be writing up the review soon!


-K

3 comments:

- said...

I loved your favorites! I think everyone should do this entry..it's like everyone's little section of glamour magazine! I love reading people's products and things and then going out to buy them too!

Bridgett said...

Oooh! Now you've got me wanting to try some of these. :)

Thanks for the suggestions.

XOXO

LF said...

ohhh what a nice blog! and I totally use that mascara & St Ives face scrub! great products, have a great week!