Sunday, January 18, 2009

San Francisco- Again!

Hello!
So finally I have something to post about! Geez, this past week was just a bunch of nothingness. Well, to be honest, not nothingness, but just not anything that I want to blog about... craziness at work basically. I make it a point to try and keep this blog on the "light" side, and like to blog about uplifting things... after all, the title is Sunny Side Up. So if I say I don't have anything going on, it may just be that it's not something I want to blog about... for an example though I care about both very much, you will probably never find me blogging about things such as politics and never about work!
Anyways... we decided to get out of town this weekend and were determined to just DO something! One of my best friends, Ariadna (who is also a new blogger), had the weekend off as well, which is a rare occurrence for her (she usually has weekends during the week). She offered to drive, and we just went to SF for the day to just... hang out!
We have had unseasonably warm weather this past week and a half, and this weekend it was in the seventies, even in the city, which is generally quite cooler.
We spent most of the day in China-Town, which is one of my favorite places to go in San Francisco. I love looking at all the random things, as well as picking up goodies & eating different things. Things are generally very cheap in China Town and Kaileigh loves cheap!
After spending quite awhile in China Town & having dinner there, we walked back down to the pier to just spend a little time down by the water & see what was going on down there. We didn't really enjoy the time there that much, it's a very touristy area that is most busy during the day, so there really wasn't much to see by the time we walked down there. Surprisingly, even most of the cafes were closed.
After a long walk along the pier, we decided to go into the Rainforest Cafe. I had walked by the Cafe many times before, but never ventured in. I am SO glad that we did. It was such a lovely end to the day. Being there just felt very nostalgic... Ariadna felt the same way about it, it is very reminiscent of Disneyland to us, which we both love.




Ariadna and I both had a "Rainbow Colada" which was very yummy, and of course Russ just stuck to beer. LOL.

If you have a Rainforest Cafe near you, I would definitely recommend stopping in. I know it looks like it's aimed towards kids, but we all had such a fun time there. It was nice and warm inside and a bit balmy, it was like another little world! Such a surprising little escape!

And finally, here are our awesome glasses frames that we found on the trek back to the car. LOL

I really had a fun time, it was nice to go to the city and just do nothing but what we felt like that very minute. The city really isn't far away from us, but we generally only go if we have set plans, like our Alcatraz trip & trip to the museum with family.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend too!!

-K

3 comments:

Bridgett said...

LOL...I love the picture of you in the glasses. Too funny.

It's nice that you guys took a day and just had some fun. Good for you.

San Fran looks like a lovely city.

XOXO

Adochka said...

lol I enjoyed the read. And even more enjoyed the trip :D I love your balmy word describing The Rainforest cafe.. very nice. It was definately a priceless adventure, especially the old frames :)

- said...

I need your email that you use for Blogger to add you to the Private reading list. :)