Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July Weekend

*Warning - Tons of pictures ahead*

Wow, this took me forever to upload these pictures! Blogger really needs to make a better way to upload large amounts of pictures...

Anyways, this past weekend Russ and I went camping with my mom and step dad up near Crescent City, CA. It is very close to the Oregon border, and it didn't even feel like we were in California! It was very cool, around 50-60 degrees all weekend, and it was pretty nice to "beat the heat" for a weekend.

During our trip we went to several places, including my step dad's grandparents' house, Fern Canyon, and walked through some old-growth redwood forest. Fern Canyon was absolutely surreal, it is just something that I can hardly describe or capture on camera.

Everything was just amazing, and it was a really nice trip! I don't want to write too much more, because there are a ton of pictures on here, and this entry will be long enough already.

Of course, please excuse my crazy hair in the pics, we were campin' :)




Mom and I at the campsite

Russ with some elk antlers that my step father's grandpa found in his field

My step father's grandparents' (I know, say that 10x fast), backyard. Incredible.





Russ with Babe the big blue ox

Me with Paul Bunyan... I love how they just had to have his shirt open and chest hair all over. LOL
Mom with Paul Bunyan's calculator



The walls of the canyon were covered with ferns...











Russ with Rob's (my step father) grandpa and other veterans for TAPS.

This was so random, rubber duckies being released and caught in the river


Entering an old growth redwood forest







A huge banana slug



Russ and what I think was called a "nurse tree" that was growing off of another tree







A flower made from driftwood




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow what great pictures! And I thought your hair looked nice! Seriously!
Those trees are just incredible!!

Monica said...

It looks like it was awesome.

And your hair still looks fab. I would love for mine to look like that on any day. Let alone while I'm camping! :)

elena-lu said...

eeeww! i didnt realize that was supposed to be chest hair till you said! blah! its way filled and black dude i think they over did it! ha!
your pics are beautiful!! some of the close up ones especially!
and i never of a banana slug before! whoa!

Kaileigh said...

Thanks you guys, the air up there was very moist and coastal, so straight hair was NOT happening!

Elena - I know!!! I thought it was some kind of logger-man undershirt... and then I looked up at it for a minute, and it hit me that it was supposed to be a bunch of chest hair! My mom and I were cracking up, it was a bit much.

Bridgett said...

Kiki! These photos are incredible! Did you take the ones that are blurry in the background, but the main object is in focus?

Isn't that really complicated to do?

You are a really talented photographer, girly!

XOXO

Kaileigh said...

Bridgett - yes, I took all of these, but it's not hard to do! I have a "digital macro" setting on my camera, and it usually gives me some interesting ones.

I really really want to start saving up for a professional camera, and take a class at school. We'll see!

Ms.Emily said...

ohhh I miss the redwoods soooo much! did you know I grew up out there in Ca?

loved the pics

ox

Kaileigh said...

Emily, No! I didn't know that! Where in Ca did you live??