Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Coldplay Concert

Hello All,
Just a short blog as I am trying to finish up a school project. Ugh, I have seriously written over ten pages, and I need a little break.

Perhaps a reason for my procrastination was the awesome Coldplay concert that I got to go to last night! My mom had an extra ticket, and so I went along with her, my step dad and one of her friends.

When we got there, we also got free VIP seats from someone who had extra tickets. It was really pretty crazy, I'm sure they could have sold those tickets to someone else, but they just didn't want the hassle I suppose.

Anyways, the concert was amazing... I had never been to a "show" type of concert, mostly just rock and alternative concerts by smaller bands, so no performance type shows. The lights were amazing, the video on two huge screens was so neat... it was live, but the way it was shot made it look like a music video (the sound effects went with the song). And finally tons of tissue butterflies shot out of cannons and floated around the stadium. It was quite a show! Oh, and they also moved several times during the show so that everyone (even the very back row grass seats) got a front section view of the show. I thought that was pretty cool of them. I'm probably missing something, because they really had so much going on, it was great!

Here is the only picture I have, that my mom's friend took. I didn't even think to bring my camera, I was in a bit of a rush yesterday...

And finally, I was so excited when they played one of my favorite songs(not just by them, but favorite song in general), The Scientist, as an encore performance.

If you like Coldplay and ever get the chance to see them, it's a show well-worth seeing!
-K

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds cool! Glad you had a nice time! (now get back to work) (just kidding, LOL)

Easton wife said...

I love THEM! So happy you got to see them!! I saw this concert twice and can honestly saw it was my fav!

Bridgett said...

Coldplay is one of my favorite bands...definitely on the list of must-see concerts for me.

Soooo glad you had a great time. The cool thing is, we were both at concerts Tuesday night! LOL

Chantelle said...

I LOVE Coldplay!!! I bet you had an awesome time! :)

Jen said...

You went to see coldpaly? Thats amazing!! I'm envious, but so glad you had a fabulous time ;)