Sunday, September 13, 2009

This weekend...

This weekend...
Has felt just like Fall. And to be honest, I couldn't be happier.

I love when the mornings are cool and crisp, and the day warms only slightly... and I especially love that we can finally have our windows open to let fresh air in, rather than running the air conditioner non-stop!

This Saturday was Russ' 27th birthday... he spent the day exactly the way he wanted, mostly on the couch and working a little on the yard...

Later that day, we went to Chili's, and then dessert and presents at my mom's house. My mom and I made a family favorite, a strawberry jello cake.

After making the cake with my mom for the first time, I have a new respect for how difficult that cake is to decorate!! The top layer of the cake is constantly sliding off of the bottom layer, we finally decided to stick something in there to hold it still while she frosted the top!! What a mess! Thankfully, the mess turned out really pretty, and of course, delicious.



So Happy Birthday to my sweetie!! It's been a lovely "fall-ish" weekend, and many more to come... personally, I'm ready for a trip to Apple Hill :)

-K

5 comments:

Chantelle said...

Wow that looks yummy!!! :) I'm totally jealous of the open windows- it's so humid here that we can't open the windows, ever :(

Kaileigh said...

Ick, Chantelle, I don't know if I could deal with the humidity! I went to Cancun once, and it was literally like stepping into a sauna...

Bridgett said...

Autumn is the best time of year, as far as I'm concerned. :)

It's a crisp 63 degrees here right now and it feels delicious on my skin. I have the back door wide open.

Happy birthday to Russ!!!

That cake sounds delicious.

XOXO

Bernadette said...

I hear ya, bring on the fall! I love having the windows open :)

...happy birthday to Russ! LOL, is that a perfect pull-up I see? ;) Chris has one.

Jen said...

Happy birthday to your sweetie and yay for autumn for you :)