Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's day! Ours was simple and sweet & just perfect. Russ had to take care of something in the early afternoon, so while he was out, I baked & frosted some cookies for him :)

Then, we went out to dinner at a Turkish restaurant that I have been wanting to try. It was very good & I loved the yogurt-like dipping sauce with cucumbers that you can pour onto the Turkish rice. Yum :) Our complimentary valentine's dessert was a little weird though, and it was a family restaurant where people get very concerned if you don't finish all of your food or don't like something. So I just looked at Russ & told him he better help me out with eating that stuff. LOL
We found this restaurant where we have found quite a few, actually, on Yelp. Yelp is a site that lets you review local services & restaurants and also view other people's reviews. It is great!
After dinner we ended the night by going to see a movie that I had really been wanting to see, Coraline. It certainly isn't a romantic movie, but it was exactly what I wanted to see!

This movie is a stop-motion film (think Nightmare before Christmas & Wallace & Gromit). I really love this type of animation & I really loved the dark yet humorous feel the movie had. It is also in 3D and looked absolutely amazing. This is definitely one of those films that are worth seeing in the theater. It also had a great story & I just loved the quirky characters. Obviously, I just really liked the movie :)
Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's day & a great weekend in general!
-K

5 comments:

- said...

Awww I'm glad you had such a great Valentines!!! I want to see Coraline too! I'm glad that you liked it because usually what you like, I like.

- said...

P.S: You and Russ look Simply AMAZING together!

Bridgett said...

Sounds like the perfect day to me! Your cookies were cute. :)

Turkish food sounds really interesting...that's a type of food I haven't tried.

XOXO

Kaileigh said...

Thanks guys!! Let me just say the cookies tasted better than they looked! LOL

Kaileigh said...

(I meant because the cookies looked kind of crappy LOL)