Friday, October 9, 2009

Sweet October...

Have I mentioned that I love Fall?

October has to be one of my favorite months of the year; the air smells crisp and sometimes smoky, cardigans and sweaters are brought out to breathe some fresh air, and who can forget the magical night of Halloween, and with it the abundance of horror movies on cable and in the theaters?

Here are some photos from the past couple of weeks in late September and the start of lovely, lovely October...












"Then summer fades and passes and October comes. We'll smell smoke then,
and feel an unexpected sharpness, a thrill of nervousness, swift elation, a
sense of sadness and departure."- Thomas Wolfe

6 comments:

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

Great pics!!! I love October too. It just has this smell to it, and the cooler air... ahh.

Bridgett said...

October has always been my absolute favorite month of the year.

These are such great pictures!

And I love the quote at the end...it's just so true!

XXOO

Terri said...

I love Fall...the cool air...getting to wear sweaters again.....ahhhh love it!

Great pics!

Hugs
Terri

Jen said...

Your doglet is gorgeous!! And these photos are lovely too :)

Chantelle said...

There is definitely no fall here in Florida! I don't miss it too much, because after fall always meant winter, and I hated winter! :/

Gorgeous pictures!!!

elena-lu said...

WOW i adore these photos! great job
and what a cute doggie!