Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Am trying...

Not to panic. Really, I've gone through this every semester when my classes first begin. I receive a syllabus from each instructor, see all the thousands of projects, papers, research essays planned, and my heart begins to race. I panic.

I'm feeling it even more this semester, because two of my courses are online, which I have never attempted. Not to mention one of them is a Biology course (the other is an English course, which I feel slightly better about). I have a large course load this semester because I must have a certain amount of units to transfer. Usually, students would still be able to transfer if they were a few units short of being a Junior, but California's campuses are incredibly impacted, and most are not even accepting Freshman this year.

So, I am trying *not* to panic so much over my courses and tell myself it will all work itself out in the end. I am reading my Biology teacher's good reviews on "Rate My Professor" almost the way someone would obsessively rub a worry stone or squeeze a stress ball. And obviously, I'm blogging about it to vent as well...

In other news...

After a few failed attempts, we finally went to see Avatar, in 3D. I don't know about where you guys live, but it is still selling like crazy here. We went with my mom and step-dad, and we weren't even able to sit with them. Frankly, we were lucky to find seats at all!



I have to say that the 3D was almost too much for me for the first hour or so. I remember thinking the same thing when I saw Coraline in 3D, except since Coraline was much shorter than Avatar, I had problems with it almost through the whole movie.

Wow, what can I say? Avatar was beautiful. It was just amazing to look at everything in that movie, and I'm really glad we went and saw it in the theater! I've heard people say that they thought the storyline was lacking, but I was pretty happy with it. I do agree that it was long (I think around two and a half hours), but I just really liked it.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend, especially to those who had a lovely three-day weekend!

5 comments:

Sam said...

I absolutely loved Avatar! I saw it twice in theater :) And I completely understand with stressing about school! I'm stressing soo much. All that makes me feel better is knowing it will all be over on May 7th!

Brandi said...

Oh don't stress, which is what I'm sure everyone is telling you. While we all know that you will be just fine no one can stop stress. SO I hope the stress goes away quickly! : D

I LOVED Avatar, even in 3D (caroline just drove me CRAZY in 3D). The storyline was beautiful.

emma wallace said...

So many people have just raved about it! I'm not much for special effects but I may have to go see it anyways!

iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

Kelly Loy Gilbert said...

Just found your blog! I'm about to start a new semester, too (of grad school) and I totally know that feeling you're talking about, at the beginning of the semester when everything just kind of piles up. Sigh. At least I still have the weekend to relax. :)

Avatar in 3D (which I loved!) was SOLD OUT for like three weeks after it came out! I couldn't believe it

Bridgett said...

I just saw it on IMAX 3D. Holy crap, Kiki. I was practically speechless watching it...it was AMAZING.

And theaters are still selling out here too. This movie is RAKING the money in...but I can see why.

And there was so much Pagan symbolism and environmental undertones to the film...which spoke to this witch's heart, no doubt. :D

And I know you'll do fine in school...one day at a time, babe. One day at a time.

)O(