Wednesday, January 6, 2010

An Update, and Some Pictures

Hello All,

Well I know I'm a little more than late on this one, but I hope everyone had a wonderful New Years Eve. Ours was very quiet, we just went out to dinner and came home.

Also, since it's been that long, I hope everyone also had a wonderful holiday! Our Christmas was... pretty good. Everyone was absolutely spoiled, as usual. It was fun, though this year felt a little... different to me. I don't know if it was from the stress of finals and not being able to shop early (though who am I kidding, I never shop early...), but I just felt like everything was so rushed this year, and though I know this is going to sound corny, I'm just going to say it.

Christmas lacked that *magic* this year for me.

I don't know if it's because I've just been feeling pretty down or if I'm just getting "old", I don't know. I will say though, that I will absolutely NOT procrastinate so much on my holiday shopping next year, especially since, as crazy as finals felt this year, they will surely be crazier when I am at an actual university, and not just community college.

Why am I having deja vu saying those words? Oh... that's right, I said the exact same thing in this very blog LAST YEAR. So we'll have to see if I link back to this very post next year, which will be truly sad.

Well, enough of the rambling... here are some pictures of our Christmas...

Christmas Eve at my Grandpa's...







Christmas morning at Mom's...





And then at Dad's...

How we all pretty much felt at the end of the day...


And here are a few New Years pics...

5 comments:

Bridgett said...

Kiki...you look so pretty!
How much weight have you lost now?

I've been seesawing so much on this diet of mine...it makes me wonder if I should consider surgery now while I'm young enough to enjoy it.

Sorry...off topic. LOL

Looks like you had a great holiday! The pictures of your pooch are stinkin' adorable.

XOXO

Nicole said...

Yay snuggies!! Love those things lol Looks like a great time and cute dress! =D

Easton wife said...

Kiki very gorg pics! Your dog/baby is so pretty her hair always looks so nicely maintained! Looks like you had a great Christmas as well! xoxo Cass

Terri said...

Girl you look fantastic!!

Love all of the pics...your little furbaby is so adorable!

Glad you had a great holiday..Christmas didn't have the "magic" for me this year either, I don't know what made me feel that way...it did feel really rushed!

Thanks so much for sharing..

Wishing you the best for 2010!

Hugs
Terri

Kelly Loy Gilbert said...

Just found your blog! :)

You know, I had kind of a similar experience with Christmas this year where it was really great, but there wasn't that 'magic,' and it didn't quite FEEL like Christmas. I don't know if it's from getting older, or being married and having to split up the families, etc.

P.S. What a CUTE dog! And also, I'm a NorCal girl too :)