Friday, April 10, 2009

April Showers...

Well, we're having a bit of a break in the lovely weather that we've had for the past few weeks. It is grey and raining outside, and has been this way since Tuesday.
To be honest, I don't really mind... the weather was warming up at an alarmingly fast pace, and I was worried that Summer would be here much too soon. Summer is generally our longest season where I live, and like I've said, it gets smoldering hot.

I have been wanting to get rid of my car and "downgrade" to something less expensive, and something I won't have to worry about as much. I worry constantly about that stupid car, and about my parking places because it has been dented before by other cars and by being hit by shopping carts. To be honest, I just want something older right now, especially while I am in college. It just isn't a practical student car... but on summer days in California, I know I'll miss its ice-cold a/c.

I have been attempting to go "full speed ahead" on my assignments that are due after my Spring Break, and today is my last official day of Spring Break, though of course I still have the weekend. Some of the big projects included a short story due in my writing class, which I was literally sweating beads of frustration over. I finally came up with a so-so plot and just went with it. Do I love it? Definitely not.

My other paper was a paper on cultural rites of passage as an adjustment strategy. I chose to do mine on Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) in Mexico. I'm a little worried about its connection to the term "rite of passage" but I think it can be argued that it helps adjust to the concept of death and dying... so certainly a cultural adjustment strategy, I think.

Okay, I'm sorry. This post has been complete garbage... I'm really just avoiding finishing up that paper I just mentioned, and to be honest I've been feeling pretty crummy these past few days. Yesterday I was so dizzy (allergies?), but had some sizzling rice soup from takeout Chinese and felt immensely better for at least a little bit, although my head is fuzzy again today, which is making it hard to seriously work on papers. (Excuses excuses...)

Hope you all have some better weather where you are, and have a wonderful weekend, if I don't blog before then!
-K

7 comments:

- said...

Is that the VW? the one you got in New Jersey that you and Russ are leasing?

Kaileigh said...

Yep... and will certainly never do it again. I hate worrying about things so much, and it just isn't worth it. We all have to learn our own mistakes though, I guess.

Easton wife said...

Kaileigh, is it worrying about the dents on a lease or the VW? I have one as well. Its been weird here freezing,rain,sunny everyday its a guess. I love the summer here of course our winters are bitter cold like your smoggy hot summers :) HUGS Cass

Kaileigh said...

Well, right now its just the dents, though we've taken great care of it, it is pretty much inevitable that we get one or two... and then that dumb lady backing up into us the other day... ugh. Also, people are careless at the college, in a hurry, and parking is tight... plus I'm just a worrywart.

I have had two other Jettas, they are good cars, and I love them, but the repairs on my other one... lets just say next time I get a car I need to be smart & get something that's cheaper to fix. My old one was nothing but trouble, even if it was cute.

Bridgett said...

I understand about the car...when I had my brand new Mustang GT, I worried about it constantly too.

And you're right about college parking lots. Chaotic!

Good luck on your papers! Hope you had a great Easter.

XOXO

Bernadette said...

When we bought the Corolla brand spankin new a few years ago I was totally paranoid about dents and parked all the way in the far, empty corners of the parking lots! We bought the Commander used and it was such a relief to not worry about keeping it in brand new condition.

:) I love VW's! Chris is anti-VW :( But I think I might have him convinced to convert with the new minivan.

I think you can pull that off for a topic on rites of passage. Good luck with it, let us know how it works out.

Ms.Emily said...

parking is crazy at my college too! I try to go in the very back or in one of the parking garages!

When does your semester end??? I'm counting down the last 3 weeks!!! AHHH cannot wait SUMMER! :D

haha

TTyl, Emily