Friday, April 24, 2009

MIA...


Okay, so that's not literally me above, but my desk does look pretty similar right now. I am wrapping up this semester and have quite a few assignments (two of which are total monsters, ughhh). Just wanted to let you know why I'm not updating both here, and at Chic Chat if you are a reader :)
Since I am taking a little break from a paper on the fourteenth Dalai Lama, I thought I'd share something that I read by him. I have another assignment (this one was easy) to bring in something meaningful to us, and I think I will read these aloud for that assignment.
Enjoy :)
The Dalai Lama's 18 Rules for Living

1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
2. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three Rs:
Respect for self
Respect for others
Responsibility for all your actions.
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
6. Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
7. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
8. Spend some time alone every day.
9. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
11. Live a good, honourable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
13. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
14. Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
15. Be gentle with the earth.
16. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

14 comments:

- said...

These are Great!!! Thanks for posting them...NOW GET BACK TO WORK!!! teeheehehe

Bridgett said...

Kaileigh, if your desk looks like that, I think you could be mistaken for a compost pile. LOL

What wonderfully, profound thoughts, btw. I think I'm going to copy this and keep it.

Thank you!

BTW, I read Water For Elephants awhile back. What a great book!

XOXO

Bernadette said...

Those are great rules! I'm going to copy them too :) I think someone around here could afford to read them ;)

Good Luck finishing out the semester!!

Tricia said...

Those were great, I think we should all follow them. I like the go somewhere new once a year, wouldnt that be grand. For me its a new walmart in another city. LMAO

Anonymous said...

aww sorry your desk is so messy, (thats how my whole house looks on Monday morning after the family is home all weekend)
I love the Dalai Lamma and those are great rules...I might print them out and put them on the fridge.

Bucca said...

Love the Dali Lama - I met him a year ago here in Australia.

You have a lovely blog :)

elena-lu said...

lol that pic is too funny, whats sad is how accurate it is as well!!!

Kaileigh said...

Hello everyone, thank you for your comments :) I love those rules too.
For one of my assignments (I can't remember if I said this in the blog entry) we were supposed to find a piece of writing what we really loved...I'm taking those rules. Not sure what to bring for the other class though...

Also welcome new readers! Bucca that is beyond cool that you met him, he seems like someone who is very real and humble, as well as inspiring. I would love to meet him too!

So the storm has cleared and I made it out alive with my assignments all done WOOHOO!

Jen said...

These are great - they totally keep things in perspective i think!! Good luck with your assignments :)

Angela said...

great post. i just want to say you have the cutest doxie. i used to have a long hair girl too but she passed away few years back.

Ms.Emily said...

my desk looks like this too

good luck with finals! mine are next week!!! ahhh!

Kaileigh said...

Pretty Little Pictures - I'm glad you liked these rules too :)
Savvy- Welcome to my blog & thanks for the compliment on my doxie girl... she's the little love of my life, she's a doll.
Emily - Good luck on yours too hun! I actually only have a "final" in one class, the others I just have large final assignments :P All done with those but nervous for my psych test a little

Monica said...

I am like Nancy, I think I'll print these off to hang on my fridge so that way all my family can read them.

Glad you finished up with your assignments. And good luck on your Psych test!

- said...

Yea I think you opted for a differnt version.

When you go to www.feedjit.com you want to choose the Feedjit Widget that says "Get a JS Widget"
And you are going to choose the FIRST one..the one all the way to the left.