Monday, May 18, 2009

Just Checking In...

Hello All, just wanted to check in after the weekend. Hope everyone had a nice one! It was blistering hot here, around 103 degrees this weekend. It's cooled off a little since, thank God!


Russ and I went to a restaurant for happy hour with Ariadna on Friday night. One of my favorite restaurants around here is normally a pretty pricey restaurant (though very good, always places in Best of Sacramento and Sacramento's A-List)... so it's nice for special occasions, but we definitely cannot afford it very often. However, they recently made a Happy Hour (or hours rather, since it is twice a day, and extended hours on Friday nights).



If you come during Happy Hour and sit in their bar area (which is actually very nice, as is the entire restaurant) it is five dollars for any meal/appetizer on their Happy Hour menu! Five bucks! It simply can't be beat, unless you eat at home (which we have been doing quite well at lately). It is GOOD food, I had a miniature pizza which was basically like a bruschetta, but on flat bread. Yum! Russ and Ariadna had a steak salad, which is always delicious.
After dinner, we went out and made s'mores, which they have been doing on Friday nights lately.



Ariadna, making the chocolate "disappear"





Russ tried to explain to her that we can't see the chocolate in her mouth when you take the picture, hence the expression here.

On Saturday morning, I met with the book club that I belong to for our "anniversary breakfast". That was really fun, and it was nice to see them again. It's crazy that I've known most of them for a year now! I'm glad that I have class during the day now, so that I can start going to book meetings again.


Saturday evening I took some manicotti that I made over to my Mom's house, and we had dinner there, and headed to Big Spoon for dessert afterwards.

And Sunday... not much there either. Russ caught up on some much needed sleep... he has been working a lot lately, Summer is a busy time for him at work. Later I went on a quest to find a planner... which was surprisingly difficult. I thought for sure stores would have tons of them (though apparently I'm looking for one at an awkward time). Everyone had adorable journals... but planners? Not so much. I finally settled for one at Border's (mostly because I had a gift card for the store anyways...).

Finally, today I started my first Summer class... and this time was right on time for it :)

I'm sorry, I know this has probably been an incredibly boring post...
I will update again when I have something more interesting to blog about :)
-K

8 comments:

- said...

that wasn't a boring post at all!
You guys always seem to go on neat little excursions.

Anonymous said...

sounds delicious! you are not boring! who is ariadna ?{interesting name}

Easton wife said...

I love the pics dear! Congrats on summer class lol!

Kaileigh said...

Nancy, Ariadna is one of my best friends... she HAD a blog, but it is currently gathering cobwebs.

Bridgett said...

I don't think this post was boring at all. We like hearing about your days.

I do anyway. :)

XOXO

elena-lu said...

oh glad to hear that you got the timing of the classes right ;P
heehee

chocolate is never boring! i make chocolate disappear too! wow Ariadna and I have so much in common!! thats such an interesting name btw!

always fun to read about whats new with you so it wont ever be boring whatever it is:)

Terri said...

Sounds like a fun weekend...

Love the pics of you and your bestie :)

Hugs
Terri

Monica said...

Like everyone else said... Not boring at all.

We have a fire pit also. We have smores at least once a week. We love sitting out by the fire.

You should do a video blog and let me know how you pronounce Ariadna's name. LOL