Sunday, May 31, 2009

Lazy Sunday...

Hello!
So my weekend has been quite uneventful really. Russ worked on Saturday, and I worked on a paper for my Political Science class.

It was a paper on the possibility of California's state parks possibly being closed for a bit due to our state's huge budget problems... it is so sad to me. I have such amazing memories especially of one of the parks (Big Basin Redwoods) in particular. We spent many camping trips there when I was younger, and I just loved it there...

To think of losing this beauty (though they say it will only be for a few years) really saddens me...

No idea who these people are, but aren't these trees just amazing? They really are THAT BIG. My brother and I used to love going inside the trees and exploring...

We have been planning a trip back to Big Basin this summer, and by the looks of it, we better make that soon, before we lose the opportunity.
If you are a Californian (or even if you aren't!!!) and would hate to see many of our amazing parks such as Big Basin Redwoods be closed (no matter how long they say it will be for), please check out this site to sign a petition... this was turned down last year and hopefully it will be again.
On another note, Russ and I rented Doubt from our beloved local Redbox (which reminds me, I need to drive over there and take it back when I'm done with this entry). I enjoyed the movie... I think it was very interesting, and I like that not everything is entirely answered, and leaves the viewer to make their own judgement on what really happened...
Don't want to say too much more, I'm a firm believer in not giving things away and ruining the movie for others! As you probably know it had many nominations this year, and had an incredible cast. If you are in the mood for a serious movie (and maybe even a little dark), then I would check this one out...


Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!! I'm off to hopefully return my Redbox rental and watch the MTV Movie Awards :)
-K

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep seeing that movie in On Demand, maybe I'll watch it this week.
Those trees look huge! I've never seen them in person though I was raised in California.

Monica said...

I would love to see those trees in person! Sucks that they might close the parks though.

Laura said...

Those trees are amazing!! 0_o

Lovely blog!

elena-lu said...

so sad about the parks ive never been over there but the thought of seeing those trees has always been in my wish list to go
havent seen doubt because i thought itd be too sad... is it sad??? im a bit of a crier and so i stick to comdey or romance!

Brandi said...

Uuuh I wanna go there.

I haven't seen the movie, maybe I should. : x

Bridgett said...

I would love to see those huge old trees. What a tribute to the beauty of nature.

I've been wanting to see that movie too. Thanks for reminding me! :)

XOXO