Sunday, May 24, 2009

My weekend (so far) in pictures

On Friday I drove to Davis to go see my friend, Andrea. Andrea is my "travelling friend", and is graduating this semester, and then off to travel again. I will miss her very much, but I know it is what she loves to do, so I'm happy for her and glad I got to see her!

I didn't take any pictures this time... we were too busy catching up. I really wish I would have though, and some pictures of Davis. I love Davis, it's such a neat college town.

I will probably take pictures next time I go to see her, because I plan on seeing her at least once more before she leaves for 2 YEARS :(

On Friday night we went to go see Star Trek. I had never watched any of the shows, or other movies (didn't even know there were any). I used to say that "this wasn't my type of thing" but I've found lately that if I just give things a chance to "be my thing" I usually end up liking it.


The movie was great! From what I've seen in other pictures, they did a great job with the casting. Russ said the same thing, and he has seen many of the shows and other movies. He kept trying to explain to me who everyone was throughout the movie, even though it was a prequel and I was understanding everything just fine. :P LOL
It was also directed by J.J Abrams, the creator of my FAVORITE show Lost!
Not much happened on Saturday... we just hung out and relaxed... I can't remember anything of interest from Saturday.
On Sunday, we met up with my Grandpa and his wife for his birthday celebration. We went to this totally adorable restaurant that was set in the middle of a plant nursery. There was so much to look at, and the restaurant looked a bit like a green house, so you could look out when you are eating. The food was yummy too! I would love to go back for a special occasion at night, when they have the trees all lit up and tables lit by candle light!
Some pictures I took there...

Actually, the one above was taken at my Mom's LOL.
My mom with some weird crocodile/alligator statue :)

Russ and a huge wind chime!






Yesterday was just a really fun day... Russ has been in an awesome mood because he finally has had a little time off to rest and not be working all weekend. We just had a great and beautiful day yesterday :)
Today we will be going to a bbq at my mom's house, which is always fun!!
-K

8 comments:

- said...

I HATED StarTrek (the show) when it was on TV. I had no desire to see the movie, but everyone kept telling me that even if you hated the show you will really like the movie, So your not the only one to have said that you liked it.

I will probably wait until it comes out of DVD though, But I will give it a watch, just because I've heard the same thing that you said from everyone.

Terri said...

Glad to see you had a great weekend...

Your Mom totally cracks me up..LOL

Hugs
Terri

Bridgett said...

Doug's always happier when he's off work for more than just his usual 2 days/week too.

I have to confess...nothing Star Trek interests me in the least. But, you're the second or third person who's told me that movie is fantastic. So I might give it a chance. ;)

Looks like you had a really nice Memorial Day weekend. BTW, your mom is a hoot. LOL

XXOO

Anonymous said...

I want to see that movie! I liked the old star trek, loved the next generation star trek so I think they keep improving it.
Your mom is hysterical with that crocodile statue thing!
Glad you guys had a great day!
(You have great teeth by the way, since having to buy braces for my daughters...I notice everyones teeth :-)

elena-lu said...

wow looks and sounds like you had such a wonderful time! yay!
these are gorgeous pics! hope your week is just as fun :)

Jen said...

Sounds like you're having a lovely weekend :) And have i told you i love your banner? Because i do :)

Emz said...

Sounded like a fantastic day! And Star Trek is fantastic =)

Monica said...

Looks like you guys had fun. Your mom is like me, I can't help but interact with statues for pics. LOL.

Sounds like a great weekend!